Baby’s First Year – The Mud Puddle Club
The Club Includes:
- Four portrait sessions. Choose from: maternity, newborn, 3, 6 or 9 month and 1 year cake smash.
- Specialty portrait gift – 6×8 luxury album of your favorite portraits after the final session.
- One 8X10 portrait included with each session
- Special Mud Puddle Print Collection pricing
- 10% off birth announcements
The Mud Puddle Club Fee: $349.00 ( An $835.00 Value.) Payable prior to the initial session.
Posing and Miracle Shots
You’ve seen those amazing, popular baby pictures. The ones where baby is swaddled and wrapped, or propped and sleeping. The ones with the angelic faces using rustic props, baskets and tubs. These incredible infant poses are called ‘Miracle Shots’ and are best accomplished when baby is between 3 and 10 days old and are often the result of patience and careful planning rather than miracles. We’ll work with you to determine the best poses, props and colors for your photos at your consultation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Just need one session instead of four? No problem. Most of the information on this page still applies. Call us for individual session pricing.[/one_half]
[one_half last=”no”] [title size=”2″] Images from Maternity to the First Birthday[/title]
[toggle title=”So You’re Expecting? How Wonderful!”]
This is a very special time in your life that you’ll want to capture with portraiture forever.
- You’ll want to take advantage of our pre session consultation so that we can plan for an unforgettable maternity portrait with lasting impact. It’s never too early to call us and start the planning. For your convenience we have a change room, washroom, baby change table and two makeup stations in the studio. Oh and did I mention the comfortable chairs? Coffee is always on for you too.
- Modern maternity and baby portraiture is a relatively new field for both expectant moms and photographers. Gone are the days where new moms received a quick snapshot of their precious bundle in a hospital cap and receiving blanket. The digital era has allowed for photographers to work with parents in creating stunning ‘miracle’ shots of their infants in beautiful swaddling cloths with multiple textures, creative accessories and in timeless colors schemes. Dads have also become an important part of the process, and many infant sessions now include dad and mom posing alone or together with their child. At Shine we’re happy to work with you to get you the images that you need, and that you’ll love for years to come.
[toggle title=”The Pre-Session Consultation”]
- A brief, pre-session consultation either by phone or in person over coffee (preferred) is recommended prior to all sessions and is included in your session fee.
- At the consultation we’ll determine what needs to be done in advance to make this a great experience for everyone. We’ll decide style, color and start working with you to determine what the final products will look like, including the complimentary album. It’s great to have some of the shots carry a theme from one session to the next. This allows you to create a cohesive wall display or baby’s first year book. By having all of the important info in advance, we can ensure that your final pictures are exactly what you wanted, and more importantly, what you love.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your session start time. This will give you time to fix your makeup, hair and choose the clothing for your images.
- Clean and manicured finger and toenails look best for the maternity shot. Nothing will ruin a shot like old, chipped, crackle polish in nightmare black! Babies need their nails groomed too!
[toggle title=”The Newborn Session”]
To schedule your Newborn Session we recommend that you call us two weeks prior to your due date. We will ‘pencil you in.’ After that, keep us posted as to the happy news.
- Newborns are best photographed between 3 and 10 days of age. This is when they are buttery flexible, and so tiny, that you won’t want to miss the images they create. You’ll never believe that they were THAT small once they start growing like weeds!
- In our pre-consultation we’ll discuss the props, themes, and accessories. Our studio will be really warm when baby arrives, so mom and dad should dress appropriately.
- Babies poop, pee, eat and sleep. And they cry. That’s OK! We are prepared! Leave the stress at home and enjoy the experience. We’ll take as much time as we need. This session goes by ‘baby’s time,’ not by the clock.
- This is a great session to include mom and dad for some artistic and family poses.
[toggle title=”The Three, Six or Nine Month Session”]
You’ll be choosing one or more of these sessions for your Mud Puddle Package. Each of these sessions focuses on a milestone in your baby’s development.
- At three months, your baby may be lifting her head. SMILES start to appear. Say Cheese!
- At six months, your baby should be sitting on her own. You can also expect to see them laugh.
At nine months, your baby will be crawling, and may even be standing with assistance.
[toggle title=”The First Birthday Session”]
The first year session starts with the formal portrait, then moves to some fun props, and your carry-through theme. This is a great session to introduce siblings and mom and dad to the portraits again as well. Finally, we’ll put down the paper, bring out the cake, sing Happy Birthday and see what happens. Baby is left to enjoy the cake all by himself, or with the help of mom and dad. Sometimes mom and dad get into a food fight. It’s always a surprise and it’s always fun. You’ll need to bring a change of clothes for everyone to this session. Your cake will be provided for you.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”After the Session”]You’ve had your portraits taken, now what? Your proofs will be ready for viewing in our studio 2-5 days after the session at our studio on a large screen. We’ll arrange a viewing and sales session with you at the time of your session. Viewing can take from 20 minutes to an hour or longer. Once again, don’t stress. This is an important decision and we’re not about to rush you. However, this session is the time when included portraits are chosen and additional portraits are purchased. You will never experience high pressure sales at Shine Photo, and we will help you and advise you through the process. How much is this going to cost me? Shine Photo is a mid-priced studio. We are not the most expensive but neither are we the department-store-uber-cheap, ready-in-an-hour print shop. We have a build-your-own collection system for children’s portraits so that you’re not stuck purchasing packages that you don’t really want. You will set your own budget. Build-your-own collections include a wall portrait, album or book, gift prints (8×10’s, 5×7’s and wallets) and specialty products like the digital brag book. For more information give us a call, inquire about pricing at the pre-session consultation or check our FAQs. [/toggle]
[toggle title=”Gorgeous Products”]In addition to our standard gift size prints, we also have:
- Canvas, acrylic and metal wall art
- Mounted panel prints
- Heirloom leather, leatherette, cloth, crystal and metal covered albums
- Gallary quality canvas wraps
- Christmas cards, birth announcements and ornaments
- Specialty gift items such as cell phone cases, magnets and mouse pads.
- Digital brag books
- Social Media custom timelines and page covers
[toggle title=”A Beautiful Complimentary Album For You”]
After you’ve selected all of your prints and products from the sessions you’ve chosen, we’ll put together a beautiful 5×7 photo album for you made up of your favorite images. This is not a typical paper photo book. Rather, it’s an exquisite, high quality album with thick luster pages and an gorgeous photo cover. A quality book that’s sure to become a treasured heirloom.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”The Fine Print”]
- A pre-session portrait consultation is recommended for all sessions.
- Choose your sessions from maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9 and 1st year sessions.
- All sessions must be of the same child.
- A sibling may be added to any one session free of charge. Siblings may be added for an additional $50 per person to any additional sessions.
- A ‘Cake Smash’ session is included in the 1st year session.
- Program expires when the child turns 15 months.
- No refunds or discounts are offered for missed photo or proofing sessions.
- 24 hours notice is needed to reschedule a session including proof sessions. Missed photo shoots will be rescheduled once only. Missed proof sessions will be rescheduled once only. If the second session in either the shoot or the proofs is missed, a fee of 75.00 for the photo session and 50.00 for the proof session will be billed.
- Orders must be placed within 14 days of session date to receive collection pricing, after which time the A’ La Carte pricing applies and all discounts and/or bonuses are forfeited. A’ La Carte Pricing is subject to change without notice.
- While Shine Photo Studio makes every effort to protect files, we cannot guarantee the availability of images that are not purchased after 90 days.
[one_half last=”yes”] [title size=”2″]Why Have Your Maternity & Baby Sessions at Shine?[/title] [progress filledcolor=”#dd6e6e” unfilledcolor=”#dd6e6e”]A Comfy Studio that’s ready for baby![/progress] [progress filledcolor=”#dd4949″ unfilledcolor=”#dd4949″]Modern, Miracle & Traditional Photography![/progress] [progress filledcolor=”#dd3333″ unfilledcolor=”#dd3333″]Advanced Digital Artwork and Design for Timeless Portraits![/progress] [progress filledcolor=”#dd1c1c” unfilledcolor=”#dd1c1c”]Virtually limitless studio backgrounds (ask us about this!) [/progress] [progress filledcolor=”#dd0000″ unfilledcolor=”#dd0000″]Because your image matters to us as much as it matters to you![/progress] [/one_half]
[separator top=”60″ style=”none”] [title size=”2″]More to See![/title] [one_third last=”no”] [person name=”Interactive Mat & Baby Magazine” picture=”http://shinephotostudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Baby-Mag-Page-Image-Mag.jpg” facebook=”http://facebook.com” twitter=”http://twitter.com” linkedin=”http://linkedin.com” ]Visit our 2015 Interactive Magazine to learn more about maternity and baby portraits. COMING SOON![/person] [/one_third] [one_third last=”no”] [person name=”Miracle and Themed Images” picture=”http://shinephotostudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Baby-Miracle-Page-Image1.jpg” facebook=”http://facebook.com” twitter=”http://twitter.com” linkedin=”http://linkedin.com” ]Discuss your ideas and themes in our pre consultation session for personalized images. [/person] [/one_third] [one_third last=”yes”] [person name=”View our Photo Gallery” picture=”http://shinephotostudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Monster-Gallery-Page-Image.jpg” facebook=”http://facebook.com” twitter=”http://twitter.com” linkedin=”http://linkedin.com” ]Visit the Mat & Baby Portrait Gallery for more pictures from our photo sessions. COMING SOON![/person] [/one_third]