Shine Photo Beauty Portraits
Why are the portraits that we create are so different from the many other photos out there?
It’s because of both our real AND virtual magic! We begin with hair, make-up, lights, props, beauty and posing technique. Then we add the secret sparkle… expression! Finally we add a custom sprinkle of highly skilled digital artwork. We might even let the virtual plastic surgeon, Dr. Photoshop and his makeup assistant into the art room to spice up any areas you’d like to see enhanced.
Thin out that arm? No problem. Tummy tuck? We can do that too. Face lift? No injections required! The result is a magical portrait of you as YOU want to see yourself. Our Pin Up Portraits do all this AND add a vintage, illustrative whammy that’ll keep you enjoying your portrait for years to come.
Booking a session with Shine Photo is the first step to owning this one-of-a-kind artwork. Then you’ll proceed to the pre-session consultation in person or by phone. We’ll give you a tour of the studio if you like, and chat about prop, clothing, product, and artwork needs before the big day.
Your session will last on average 2-3 hours allowing time for hair and makeup. You’re in for a treat as we aim is to make your experience as fun and as memorable as the photos themselves.
Glamour & Pin Up Portrait Art
Beauty is a state of mind, and is present in every confident woman.
We live in a visual society where everyone has a camera. These snapshots often wind up on disks and cards stored haphazardly in a drawer, forgotten, erased or doomed to a short lifespan as today’s online profile picture. Isn’t it time that you hired a professional to take that lasting, BEAUTIFUL image?
There is no longer any reason for you to avoid the camera. Life won’t wait until you get thin enough or good enough to capture it. Life is happening right now and the only moment we are guaranteed is the one we are living. Imagine a life lived with no imagery to capture it?
Do you know what your mom sees when she looks at your picture? The beautiful, amazing woman she raised. Do you know what your husband sees? The beautiful woman he loves to be with every day. Your children? The mom they love! Wouldn’t you regret them not having a portrait of you while they were growing up?
Do you know what we see when you come into the studio? A beautiful women, who’s come to us to experience how fabulous she can be in photos. If you’ve ever felt under-appreciated, or too unattractive to have your photo taken, then we want you in our studio! Let us take you through an afternoon of pampering, posing, coaching and image making that brings out your most lovely, confident self.
Let your loved ones remember the you they love! Let us show you the possibilities of digital enhancements to create images you YOU love! Our pin up sessions is suitable for women of all ages. Curves are welcome! Because you deserve to have a beautiful portrait, and so do the people that love you!
Your Image Matters! Reserve your session today. 807 631 5162
Our Glamour Beauty Sessions are between 60 and 90 minutes. This is a completely private studio session, and includes multiple wardrobe changes with exclusive backgrounds and poses. This session is suitable for women 19-95!
Glamour Beauty sessions are tasteful, and age appropriate. Basic retouching, skin softening are included and Dr. Photoshop plastic surgery is available to you as well. Call to book your appointment 2-3 weeks in advance. Retouching is always done in an age appropriate manner.
At Shine Photo, we define Pin Up photography as: “Playfully, and wholesomely sexy images with post production artwork added to give the image a vintage illustrative style.”
In the 1940s, the word “pinup” was coined to describe pictures torn from men’s magazines and calendars and “pinned up” on the wall by U.S. soldiers in World War II. Most of these photos were in fact paintings, or illustrative art prints, which focused on women’s legs and breasts. The art styles varied from full nudes to playful, more innocent scenes. Pin up art in the 1940’s also was coined as ‘nose art’ when the women were painted on the front fuselage of war planes. Pin Up models were known as ‘cheesecake’ ‘paper dolls’ and ‘bombshells.’
The History of the Pin Up
While the ’40s images focused mostly on legs, by the ’50s, the emphasis shifted to breasts. Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe were two of the most popular pinup models. Bettie Mae Page was an American model who gained a significant profile in the 1950s for her pin-up photos. Often referred to as the “Queen of Pinups”, her jet black hair, blue eyes, and trademark bangs have influenced artists for generations.
Alberto Vargas an Italian painter, became famous in the 1940s as the creator of iconic World War-II era pin-ups for Esquire magazine known as “Vargas Girls.” The nose art of many of the American and Allied World War II aircraft was inspired and adapted from these Esquire pin-ups. His work was typically a combination of watercolor and airbrush.
Many believe that Gil Elvgren was and continues to be the best pin-up artist the world has ever known. From the mid 1930’s through 1972, Elvgren produced over five hundred paintings of beautiful girls and women. Almost all of these works are oil on canvas, and fully developed finished works of art. More information about Elvgren and his work can be found at http://www.gilelvgren.com/
- Your session includes 60-90 minutes of studio time. Each session includes 1 8×10 high key, fully art-worked image of your choice.
- Shine Photo has a completely private studio with full facilities for your comfort. Your session will include a pre-consultation where we discuss hair, makeup, clothing props and the overall theme of your images. We also discuss the final products you may be shooting so that we can ensure we shoot for your needs.
- During your session you can have multiple clothing and set changes. We have a large number of vintage props in the studio. Personal Lingerie items are provided by the client.
- After the session we’ll schedule your proof & sales session where we’ll choose the images you want and discuss the post production work to be done.
- This session is suitable for the fearlessly feminine woman, brides and women celebrating significant life events. A pre-session consultation and a private proof session are included in your session fee.
Pin Up is more fun with a friend or two or six.
- Our parties are 3 hours long, and include a session for all the participants along with refreshments and snacks and special surprises.
- Call to inquire about our ‘Hen’s Night Out’ party starting at only $85.00 per person!
- Each participants receives one high key, 5X7 pin up image from their session.
- Your party hostess or the bride receives an 8×10 of her choice.
- Everyone gets a whimsical custom pin up timeline for their Facebook page with a personal matching Profile picture.
- Additional artwork and images are available for purchase at attractive prices using our secure online proof and ordering system.
- Lustre, Fuji Pearl and Metallic prints
- Mounted, framed and matted prints
- Acrylic, metal or wood print wall art
- Custom framing is available
- Exquisite signature albums
- Gallary quality canvas art
- Specialty products such as Cell Phone Cases, Christmas ornaments, Announcements, Thank You Cards and More!
How much will a Pin Up or Glamour Session cost?
- A Personal Pin Up sessions in our studio is $149.00. Hair and makeup options are extra. Your session includes 1 8×10 high key, fully retouched image of your choice. The session will run approximately 90 minutes with multiple clothing changes and a wide variety of poses. Your session also includes the pre-consultation where we determine any overall theme and the nature of any wall art or products we may be shooting for.
- How much could you expect to spend after the session fee? Prices start at $50.00. Print packages range from $189.00-$479.00. Wall art starts at 189.00 A good budget on average to work with is $400-500.00 in product which will yield a wonderful piece of wall art and multiple prints. Of course, you can spend as little or as much as you want. The Pin Up Session however, involves a lot of effort and is meant to be a once in a life time experience. If you are about to hang art on your wall for the next 25 years, be realistic. How much would you spend on it?
- Payment Plans (no interest) are available.
- A Personal Glamour Session in our studio is $99.00. Your session includes 1 8×10, fully retouched image of your choice. Your session will run up to 90 minutes with multiple clothing options. You will be coached, made comfortable, served a refreshment and posed in many glamorous ways with multiple props and backgrounds. Many proofs will be available for viewing to make your purchase choices. See above for pricing.
- We are a full service studio and provide finished products only. We do not offer high resolution image disks of our artwork for sale. A high resolution media storage device is gifted to our clients for purchased images on Tier 4 purchases only. ($3500.00 minimum purchase.) Read more about disks HERE.
- We DO have a completely shareable digital app that’s AWESOME for showing off your images by email and online for under $100.00!