The 2017 Magical Royal Charity Calendar for Cystic Fibrosis
We are so thrilled to announce the production of our latest charity calendar! This summer, we will be shooting sessions for our Magical Royal Calendar…full of little princes and princesses! 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the calendar will benefit Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Our Magical portraits are available to parents, and 12 lucky winners will have their portrait featured in the 2017 calendar! Each session is tailor-made to the child and includes:
- Individual, 30 minute in-studio session for children
- Whimsical backgrounds and Post Production Artwork for a truly enchanted portrait!
- Complimentary, fully retouched 5×7 print
- Private proof & sales session for choosing complimentary & competition image
To reserve your session call 631 5162. $49.95 non-refundable fee per session/child payable at the time of reservation.
Good luck to everyone taking part in this worthwhile event! Full details below in the drop down sections!
Calendar Contest Details
We are so thrilled to announce the production of our latest charity calendar! This summer, we will be shooting sessions for our Magical Royal Calendar…full of little princes and princesses! Proceeds from the sale of the calendar will benefit Cystic Fibrosis Canada. This portrait session is a based on a competition where images vie for a spot in the calendar.
How Our Charity Calendar Works:
- We schedule 6 Limited Edition Photo Sessions. Each session is like a story time for the child, who is photographed using multiple backdrops and props in each session.
- You sign up for the one session that most appeals to you. The session fee is $49.95 per child and includes on complimentary 5×7 print for each session fee paid. Where two or more siblings are being photographed in the same set, we created images of the children individually and together.
- On photo day, your child comes to the studio, dressed in his/her royal finery and experiences the royal photo treatment.
- Parents then are scheduled a private proof and sales session to view their images and choose the complimentary 5×7 print, the competition print for the calendar and purchase any additional images or products that they may wish to order.
- A model release must be signed by the parent of guardian of the child being photographed in order to participate in these sessions. Only children with a signed model release, competing for a spot in the calendar can be photographed in these sessions. Our model release allows the child’s image to be printed on the calendar, and be uploaded online for promotion of the calendar as well as for online voting. We will never use a child’s name with the photo. If you tag your child in a photo uploaded to social media, the identity then becomes public.
- Once all the sessions are complete, all chosen images are uploaded to the online voting area on this website. The public is invited to vote for the images that they think should be a part of the calendar. This is where it’s important to tell everyone you know to vote for your child! Only one vote per email address will count towards the final score. Images with multiple votes from the same email address will be disqualified at the discretion of Shine Photo administration. Spamming will not be tolerated.
- 4 of the 12 images are selected by Shine Photo administration for the calendar. The other 8 are chosen by public online voting. Voting will take place the last week of September and the first week of October.
- Selected images are announced once the votes have been tabulated. Voting will take place on this website.
- The calendar is then produced and given to the Thunder Bay Chapter of Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Calendars are expected to be ready for sale at the beginning of November. Calendars sell for $20.00 each. 100% of calendar sales benefits this charity.
- A model release must be signed by the parent or guardian of the child at the time of the session. Again, non-competitive sessions are not available. Please watch our website and Facebook page for other limited editions for children that are non-competitive.
We recommend our sessions for ages 3 and up. This reduces the risk of injury from small props, and enhances the images as children are old enough to understand the story-line associated to the session. We will accept children under the age of 3, but they must be able to sit safely by themselves. Newborns and infants who cannot yet sit alone take substantially more time to photograph than what is available in these session, and hence no infants will be eligible to participate.
The maximum age of participation is 12.
LIMITED DATES AND SESSION TIMES ARE AVAILABLE. CALL EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR STUDIO SESSIONS! 807 631 5162 Don’t Miss Out!
We are thrilled to have been granted a commercial license to use the wonderful and whimsical artwork of Lorie Davison in our magical charity calendar. The royal palace, where all the magic takes place is aptly named GreyMouse Manor
GreyMouse Manor is the conceptualization and creation of artist Lorie Davison, who is an illustrator/photographer/graphic art designer living in the Rocky Mountains of the United States. She sells her eclectic images online. You can find her blog at loriedavison.blogspot.com.
Magical Royal Sessions
All sessions are set at the Palace and included multiple themes. Sessions are geared to best suit the child’s costume and age and choices. Changes to props can be made very quickly, allowing for a session with multiple portrait options in each session. Costume specifics can be discussed by phone at time of booking. Please, no FB messages or texts.
July 8/9/10 The Grand Room – Themes include ‘Spinning Gold’ ‘Sewing the Ball Gown’ ‘Fencing’ and more.
July 15/16 The Library – Themes include ‘Minstrels,’ ‘Swan Lake’ ‘Court Jesters’ and more.
July 29/30 The Grand Staircase – Themes include ‘Debutante,’ ‘Masquerade Ball’ and more.
August 5/6/7 The Gazebo – Themes include ‘Outdoor Tea Party,’ ‘Floating Lilly Pads,’ ‘Evening Dance’ and more.
August 12/13 Fireplace – Themes include ‘An Artist’s Portrait Sitting,’ ‘The Christmas Gift’ and more.
August 26/27 Winter Outdoor Sets – ‘Ice Escapades,’ ‘Gathering Winter Riches,’ ‘A Walk in the Snow’ and more.
All sessions are photographed at Shine Photo Studio, located at 7-1315 Crawford Ave. See the Contact page for details.
Children bring their own costume for this session. We recommend:
For Little Girls:
- Long dresses, pointy hats, veils, pearls and dress shoes and tiaras.
- Fairy Costumes are also welcome.
For Little Boys:
- black pants, 3/4 pants with socks, white shirts, capes, crowns, dress shoes two or three piece suits
- Other imaginative costumes such as knights and jesters.
Children should NOT wear:
- Logos pertaining to Disney or any other copyright character or company.
- Each costume should be original and not an exact copy of a movie character.
- Running shoes, crocks, flip flops or worn footwear.
What Else to Bring:
- hair clips
- extra shoes
- extra jewelry
- If in doubt, feel free to bring it. Better to have too many supplies rather than not enough!
- Hair should be up and off the face to allow for photographs to be taken from any angle. Hair that is down casts shadows and hides the face from view.
- Makeup, if worn should be kept very light. Clear lip gloss and some mascara is acceptable. Please no lipstick.
- Finger and toenails should be clean and manicured. Some portraits may be done with bare feet. Old and chipped polish must be removed from the nails prior to the session.
- Keep hair products such as mouse, gel, and spray to a minimum.
- Call 631 5162. Please leave a message if no one is available to take your call.
- Session fees are billed via online invoice and payment is required within 24 hours to reserve your session. Payment can be made by cash or cheque at our market locations, online using a credit card or Paypal and by bank e-transfer. Details are on each invoice.
- Session fees are non-refundable. In the event of an illness and with proper notice, a child ‘may’ be scheduled for an alternate session if space is available.
- All session will be photographed in our Crawford Street School location. See the Contact page of our website for details and a map.
- Missed session will not be made up. Missed proof sessions without notice will disqualify the portraits from the competition. Please refer to our Policies tab under the About tab in the top navigation for information regarding missed sessions.
- Details regarding costume choices and special requests can be recorded by us for your session at the time of reservation.
- Still have a question? Please give Shine Photo a call at 631 5162 or, stop by the Thunder Bay Country Market on Saturday mornings to chat with us!
- During your proof and sales session you will have the option of purchasing additional prints and products.
- At Shine Photo you will never experience high pressure sales tactics.
- Prices on additional products start at $50.00
- Print packages range from $169.00 – $479.00
- Wall art, including gallery canvas, acrylic and metal art, panel prints and prints on wood start at 189.00
- Specialty products, such as our mobile brag book, which is a digital album app is included in our largest print package.
- Other products such as cell phone covers, key chains and Christmas Cards are also available.
- The Charity Calendar, which will be available in November sells for $20.00. 100% of the money raised from the sale of the calendar goes to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
- Sorry, we do not sell high resolution digital files of our images. Please see our FAQ page for details.